Your Healthcare Challenges
Patient Advocators is a full-service, multi-disciplinary team of healthcare professionals who can get you to the best doctors, treatments and resources to maximize your health while minimizing your out-of-pocket health insurance expenses.
This is why you need us (click here) or click on a media story below to learn about our advocacy.
Don't Go It Alone. It's Too Complicated.
Even Doctors Hire Us To Navigate Their Care.
> Click here for our services.
We Get It Done
(click on a condition below to see some examples)
- Obtained appointments with leading oncologists at Memorial Sloan Kettering, Dana-Farber and MD Anderson and liaisoned doctor-client communication to create higher patient satisfaction. Experience with breast, prostate, pancreatic, liver, glioblastoma, melanoma, non-Hodgkins Lymphona, multiple myeloma and myelofibrosis.
- Worked with two oncologists to obtain immunotherapy treatment without following standard of care
- Identified promising clinical trials and facilitated enrollment
- Implemented second opinions without requiring travel
- Navigated the recovery of a chemo-induced stroke to enable a client to return to treatment
- Orchestrated the care of a client who suffered a hemorrhagic stroke leading to complete restoration of mobility, speech and cognitive functions
- Helped clients reduce pain, depression, anxiety and insomnia by identifying excellent doctors/therapists and recommending alternative treatments including, but not limited to, biofeedback, neurofeedback and TMS.
- Helped two clients become opioid free
- Identified the top treatments and practitioners for Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Trusted by a family with a child who has an eating disorder and kept her alive and ultimately prospering
- Managed the medical/living needs of several older individuals including emergency care
- Identified top physicians, facilitated appointments, and created strong working relationships with the staff for many clients, all of which led to better health outcomes
- Prevented a hospice facility from discharging our client who did not want morphine, thus allowing the family to have engaged communication as they said good bye
- Led the transfer of several clients from hospital to high-quality rehab or long-term care facilities or to home with hand-picked aides
- Summarized medical histories into clear and concise charts that increased patient care and reduced medical error;
- Case managed an osteotomy of spine surgery with world renowned orthopedist enabling client to stand erect and be fully functional for the first time in years
- Resolved surgery approval and date for a total knee replacement with top doctor at HSS
- Collectively lowered insurance bills by nearly $1,000,000 for multiple clients
A Multi-Discipline Team With Expertise And Connections
Nan is a registered nurse with over 25 years of critical care nursing experience with several of the top hospitals in the U.S. including Children’s Hospital of Boston, NYP Weill-Cornell Medical Center, and both UCLA and Cedars-Sinai Hospital of Los Angeles. A compassionate, high-performing nurse, she has worked in Adult Intensive Care, Transplant, Pediatric Medical Surgical ICU, Neonatal Intensive Care, Trauma and Telemetry.
Fluent in French and a tireless volunteer for many organizations including Big Brother Association, the Boston Ballet and the Head of the Charles Regatta, Nan always looks for ways to improve the lives of people.
Author of The Complete Guide to Caring for an Aging Loved One, Nan is the go-to resource in southern Florida.
Nan resides in Miami and will travel within the US to work with clients if the client requests.
AnnMarie is a Board Certified Patient Advocate, Certified Oncology Advocate and CEO of Patient Advocators. A former marketing executive with several pharmaceutical companies including Johnson & Johnson where she created and ran a $200 million business, she is very experienced at working with medical professionals.
When AnnMarie was a teenager, she experienced a life-threatening blood disorder that was cured as a result of having access to the top doctors in the field of hematology and oncology. Even at the age of 15, AnnMarie intuitively understood the importance of advocacy by choosing to play an active role in her care. Upon being discharged from a 10-day hospital stay, the attending physician asked AnnMarie “don’t you ever give up” in response to questions she had before walking out the door. That experience left her with a profound sense of gratitude for medical professionals and the importance of selecting the right doctors and treatments to maximize life.
AnnMarie has actively volunteered for children with life-threatening conditions, multiple schools and Girl Scouts. Her volunteer efforts have led to a number of awards including the CBS Spirit of Philadelphia Award. She is also a regular blood donor in New Jersey where she resides with her family.
Perhaps you or your loved one will be her next project as she uses her knowledge, resourcefulness and communication skills to navigate the ever-shifting world of medicine.
Karen is a Board Certified Patient Advocate and has been professionally involved with health education and insurance management for more than three decades. She consults with consumers on health insurance selection, navigation, claims review and appeals with the goal of helping people organize and demystify the complexities of our fragmented health care system.
She is licensed as a Health/Disability Insurance Producer in Washington State where she is an active member in the Washington State Health Advocacy Association (WASHAA).
In the past two years alone, Karen has saved clients more than $275,000 along with providing peace of mind.
In addition to her enthusiasm for advocacy, Karen enjoys outdoor activities and travel, and volunteers as an instructor at her local Senior Center.
Experience With Leading U. S. Hospitals
Serving Clients From Coast to Coast
We serve the entire U.S. and can assist individuals outside of the U.S. travelling into the country for medical care. The map shows areas where some of our recent clients are based.
Don't Take Our Word For It
What our customers say (click here)
We Have Your Back
By managing your medical challenges,
we lower your stress and enhance life
You Are Always In Charge
Our role is to provide you with the medical referrals, strategies and key information for making well-informed decisions and delivering the highest standard of care.
Call us for a free case consultation to determine if we can assist you
(Mon-Fri between the hours of 9 am and 5:30 pm Eastern Standard Time)
1 908 273 4043
Or write us at email@example.com