You need us because here is what you are up against:
- Patients have less time with doctors--average time is 8 minutes--and this challenges the doctor's ability to deliver patient-centered treatment;
- Insurance companies are increasingly denying coverage for diagnostics, medications, treatments, hospital expenses, etc;
- Family members cannot provide hands-on support because they often live apart from one another and/or they cannot take the time off from work;
- People are frequently diagnosed with more than one medical condition and using several medications which makes it difficult for physicians (particularly in an emergency setting) to make fully informed decisions for patients unless they have a clear and easily accessible medical record.
- Medical error is the third leading cause of death in the U.S. and the most common reason cited is communication problems.
Patient Advocators LLC can help individuals and families reduce their vulnerability to these factors by delivering the knowledge and support you need to make well informed decisions in concert with your medical team.