Patient challenges include mental health, cancer, heart disease, Parkinson's disease, other neurological disorders, spinal challenges and aging.
Four clients are physicians, two of whom also hold PhDs.
We serve the entire U.S. and can assist individuals outside of the U.S. coming into the country for medical services. Client locations have included: New York City and surrounding areas; multiple towns in New Jersey; Mystic and New Haven, Connecticut; Washington D.C.; San Francisco and Los Angeles, California; Ann Arbor, Michigan; Nashville, Tennessee; Atlanta, Georgia; Albuquerque, New Mexico; Denver, Colorado; Portland, Oregon and multiple cities in Florida.
Some of the hospitals where we have experience are Stanford University Medical Center, UCSF, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Dana-Farber, Columbia Presbyterian, New York University and Morristown Memorial.
- Accompanied patients to appointments with primary care doctors, neurologists, urologists, oncologists, concierge physicians, cardiologists and nutritionists and advocated for the patients during the appointments
- Met clients at the emergency room, managed their care and stayed with patients until they were transferred to a room
- Worked on site in multiple hospitals with several patients to ensure they were getting the best possible care
- Helped two clients stop their opioid dependence
- Advised a family whose college-aged son was rushed to the emergency room
- Resolved multiple years of insomnia by recommending medical marijuana and facilitating it
- Secured appointments with well-regarded psychiatrists, neurologists, orthopedists, primary care doctors and cardiologists
- Identified the top hospital based and private practice based eating disorder specialists in a major city
- Facilitated the release of two hospital patients who were being kept involuntarily
- Identified the top Autism Spectrum Disorder programs/resources and developmental pediatricians in a major city for a family with a newly diagnosed child
Rehab/At-Home Care/Assisted Living/Long-term Care/Hospice
- Orchestrated the entire care of a stroke victim (physician team, 24/7 nurses, at-home PT/OT/Speech, retrofitted house, insurance, medical devices, etc.)
- Recommended at-home nurses aide and nursing services and managed the relationship for the patient
- Evaluated rehab facilities with 1st/2nd/3rd recommendations
- Established relationship with rehab teams and monitored patient progress/care
- Identified and evaluated assisted living facilities and long-term care facilities
- Managed the transfer of a client from one state to another following a stroke
- Facilitated a psychiatric evaluation to complete a supportive housing application which was later approved
- Identified LTC facility with dementia capabilities and negotiated insurance approval
- Prevented a hospice facility from discharging a patient who did not want morphine
- Created three medical timelines covering several decades to use during doctors’ appointments
- Completed an electronic medical record and shared with the patient’s children
- Reinstated Medicare Part B benefits for two clients
- Advised a client on how to minimize out-of-pocket expenses for an upcoming surgery
- Advised a client on how to gain coverage for a denied, and much-needed, procedure
- Eliminated $600,000 of insurance bills by arguing for in-network vs. out-of-network status and uncovering a billing code mistake
- Resolved tens of thousands of dollars in declined insurance bills by identifying the "rule" that enables COBRA and Medicare
- Analyzed insurance plan options and made recommendations designed to maximize covered services and minimize out-of-pocket costs