About Patient Advocators
What is a patient advocator and why do you need one? Patient advocates are professionals that help people get the best medical care possible. Whether trying to understand a diagnosis, find the top physicians, evaluate treatment options, track your medical history or lower your financial exposure, we have the experience and the team to help you navigate the world of healthcare and make good choices.
There are a number of issues impacting patient care today and these issues can lead to lower quality care and higher costs. Patient advocacy has emerged as a new field to help people more effectively deal with the realities listed below:
- Patients have less time with doctors;
- Insurance companies are increasingly denying coverage for diagnostics, medications, treatments, hospital expenses, etc;
- Family members cannot provide hands-on support because they often live apart from one another and/or they cannot take the time off from work;
- People are frequently diagnosed with more than one medical condition and using several medications which makes it difficult for physicians (particularly in an emergency setting) to make fully informed decisions for patients unless they have a clear and easily accessible medical record.
- Medical error is the third leading cause of death in the U.S. and the most common reason cited is communication problems.
Patient Advocators LLC can help individuals and families reduce their vulnerability to these factors by delivering the knowledge and support you need to make well informed decisions in concert with your medical team.